Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Poets United Midweek Motif/Unity -- Writer's Digest/ Help

Unity

i am reminded that the word 'alone'      means all one      one with the universe

one with the rising sun            with the light spreading      over taos valley

one with the sun                  that sets on the horizon          one with the colors

red, yellow, blue & gold               one with the line drawn in the sand

i am all one with the wave           that comes to shore           one with the wind

that makes the windchime sing        one when we are together          still one

when i am alone             i am one with the little bird that catches flies for her young

one with the nighttime sky        & all the stars there in           i think of you

& know you are not far away        you are one within me       & i am with you

July 22, 2015

__________________________________________


Help

when i hear you say it        whether screamed or whispered        i am alert

to the danger                       you are in or fear                              whistle, bell or alarm

all the same                         you are in danger                              be not afraid

you are strong                      you are brave                                    i am here for you


July 22, 2015        

17 comments:

Blogoratti said...

One with all of life's form. One with our inner thoughts, our dreams and emotions. One with nature, mind, body and soul. Lovely piece indeed. Greetings!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is beautiful.. loved the message conveyed in this poem :D

X said...

I Def feel one with the waiver most and it is good to remember they are never far away and a bit of them will always be with us

moondustwriter said...

very alive and the message is well conveyed.

Purba chakraborty said...

I loved the message of your poem! Beautiful!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I absorbed every word of your poem about oneness, like a nourishing drink to my depleted spirit. So beautiful, my friend, especially the oneness within, where our loved ones live. In the second, I can hear your support for the friend in need of help. You are a good friend.

Purba chakraborty said...

This poem will stay with me forever. Thanks for writing this: "i am reminded that the word 'alone' means all one...one with the universe" Saw the word alone from a fresh new perspective today! :)

Sumana Roy said...

One with All...a perfect union..very peaceful and soothing...

alan1704 said...

Really captures the heart of love and the power of oneness. Beautifully written.

flaubert said...

Hi Annell. I love this piece of writing. "i am one with the little bird that catches flies for her young", I wish I had written that. I hope all is well with you.

Pamela

Old Egg said...

When someone you love dies they are still within your heart and mind and your poem so clearly demonstrates that. Stunningly beautiful.

Delaina said...

I have not read your voice before, or touched the tip of your soul with my hungry eyes but I can tell you now, I am a big big fan of yours my friend. :)

WONDERFUL poem!

Gen Giggles said...

The connection some feel while meditating is well captured in the first.

Panchali said...

Such a beautiful piece....unity of mind and heart is humbling...lovely!

Mary said...

This is so touching, Annell. It really makes me think of the relationship between you and your son.

Jae Rose said...

I think this is more than a crossover Annell - it is the next step...realising that we are never truly alone and if we are it does not always mean darkness..i'm sorry it took me so long to visit xo

Roslyn Ross said...

Something to be remembered. We are never alone and we are never not unified in a true sense.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...