Saturday, January 3, 2015

January 3, 2014 The Sunday Whirl/ The New Year


The New Year

third day of january               no revolution in sight              all is quiet

the world is dead quiet          the new year arrived                in this dead quiet

hardly a whimper                   a resolution appeared              but can't remember

no song to sing                       take shelter                              in my self

take stock of the last year      waiting for reviews                  design the days ahead

the sun shines endlessly         belief can be a hard one           better to think

to reason                                 to puzzle                                   the question at hand

continue with dedication        win the race                              turn to find you are still here 

you are still                             still here                                    you are



january 3, 2015 

___________________________________

YOU

You say         who is that you                that you talk so much about

you are the you of you         the only you                     the you of me

the you i remember             the you i dream of            the faraway you

the nearby you                     the personal you               the universal you

the opposite of me               the same as me                 the you who sees

the you who knows              the you who is seen          the you who sees me

the you i miss                       the you of my longing      the indispensable you

you are me                            i am you                            you and i are one

when i say you                      i am speaking to us           all my other self accepting

the you                                  who is deep                       the you who holds my hurts 

the you who reads my work                                            the you who understands    



January 2, 2015

Note: To explain my use of the word, you.


9 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wow. Two fantastic poems. You set the bar high for 2015, my friend. I love the quietness in the first poem.....and that "you are still here". In the second, I love the introspection and the listing of all the "you's" we speak of. It is nice to stop and think about that. And I LOVE the closing lines about "the you who reads my work...the you who understands." Yes. My online friends know me better than my real life people, who dont have much interest in reading my work........thus they miss all of the deep stuff.........the "me" of me. Love these poems, Annell.

Belva Rae Staples said...

These are so personal and inspiring. You've brought up an issue that must be pondered.

Jae Rose said...

Beautiful Annell..so good to read your words again...I read both vertically and horizontally..both gave something different but inspiring...I couldn't open the note on 'you' but whatever we believe, and whoever we hope is there always is...of that I am sure xo

brudberg said...

The second poem of you really touched me.. that's exactly how you should read.. the intimacy and the connection in just saying you.. and how you will become us.. Have a great 2015 :-)

Mary said...

The beginning of the year is always such a time for personal reflection. Both are well penned.

ZQ said...

nice piece nice form
ZQ

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

"a resolution appeared"

For some reason, this phrase reminds me of the appearances of the ghosts in Dickens' "A Christmas Carol"--suddenly, there they are! And just as suddenly, a resolution appeared! Happy 2015!

Whirling in the New Year

Anonymous said...

Two amazing poems from You.

Anonymous said...

I am still marveling at what you create with this new form you have taken on and made uniquely your own. I’m sorry for being so late to return your visit to my site. It’s been a rough few days. But, I did get here and so glad that I did. This one lifted me up, made me smile and nod right along with you,

Elizabeth

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...