Sunday, August 17, 2014

Augsut 17, 2014 Magpie #233/The Wind in the Aspens-- The Sunday Whirl/ Who Are We/http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/2014/08/poetry-pantry-214.html


Magpie #233



The Wind in the Aspens
When he died very young
The burden was too heavy to carry alone
Still you stood straight and tall
You said you told yourself
It is what he would have wanted

When he died too young
The burden was too heavy to carry alone
I stood straight and tall
I said I do it for him
In remembrance of him
To honor him
His life
My love for him
His leaving

When I die I will no longer be young
I will have seen much in the instant
That is my life
I will have carried many heavy burdens
Still I will remember
I will collect bones and ashes
I will have cried many tears
I will have learned much
For you were my teacher

I have also learned from passing strangers
Words spoken under their breath
Our eyes meet only for a moment
Continents move
Mountains crumble
The cosmos expands
Stars sparkle in the night

Long ago and faraway
In the future
Our breaths fall to the earth
To disappear into nothingness
The heart is silent
Only the wind
As it moves through the aspens
Carries memories of you

August 17, 2014










http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com


Who Are We
Who can say
Who is who
Perhaps we all belong
To the class of demimonde
Dress in bright colors of our choice
Sing and dance to grand songs
Some consider us an abomination
Since we have no allegiance
Our actions are not transgressions
Some say we belong in the asylum
Myself I say no we must be free
With our rites
We say our prayers
Lite candles
Perhaps we could be reborn in Africa
Or in another faraway place
Today the weather is gray
The sun shines
I think of you
Oranges and spice
I write on the fringe of society

August 16, 2014



http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/2014/08/poetry-pantry-214.html

19 comments:

Old Egg said...

"Vive la difference" We should be where we are comfortable both in ourselves and our surroundings.

ZQ said...

Been in that mood often lately... well written.
ZQ

humbird said...

"Who are we? ... We must be free with our rites" ~ these words resonate with me.

Sumana Roy said...

I like to believe we are nothing but consciousness wearing a temporal body to do some work and discard it like an old garment when it's worn out and take a new form to continue what we were doing...this goes on until we become enlightened...I also love Krishna's words who said one who is born must die and who dies must be reborn according to his karma...this thought gives me a kind of inner peace...your beautiful poem gave me these thoughts...thanks for the post..

brudberg said...

Truly.. too many care to much about appearance .. live within ourselves in those bright colors is much better.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Writing on the fringes is better than not writing at all, especially when one is trying to expiate grief.

alan1704 said...

sometimes life is a mystery and it all comes down to the colour that surrounds us, I like how this ebbs and flows.

Strummed Words said...

That first poem of remembrance is so beautiful and haunting.

Jae Rose said...

I think you have aptly taken us to two worlds...the beauty of the first piece is as magical as breath...and as haunting as the loss of it...time and stars all mixed up in memory and shared out between those we encounter...luckily perhaps xo

Sasha A. Palmer said...

"Long ago and faraway
In the future
Our breaths fall to the earth" -

a beautiful line.

And I like the idea of "writing on the fringe of society."

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

Your first piece just took my breath away!

Leovi said...

Nice poem, exquisite and full of beautiful feelings. Life must be lived as long !!

Berowne said...

In a word, marvelous...

21 Wits said...

Quite a loving piece, a very deep, tribute perhaps and meaningful.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh my goodness. How I love The Wind in the Aspens, especially "Continents move Mountains crumble The cosmos expands Stars sparkle in the night" Your closing lines, "only the wind as it moves through the aspens carries memories of you" is a spectacular ending. One of my faves of your series on grief, my friend and yes, it is too heavy to carry alone. We are here.

In the second poem, I like and resonate with the voice of someone on the edge of society - the watcher, the recorder, the solitary. Beautiful work, Annell.

Belva Rae Staples said...

These are beautiful! Never be ashamed to write on the fringe of society. It suits you and me, too.

keiths ramblings said...

Emotion seeped from the page whilst I was reading the first piece. So tender, so gentle, so moving.

Carrie Van Horn said...

These are both beautiful Annell.

flaubert said...

Annell, I fit your wordle poem all too well. Love it.

Pamela ox

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...