Monday, May 19, 2014

May 19, 2014 The Sunday Whirl/ The Body Remembers

The Body Remembers
Perhaps it was the altitude
We agreed on a date
Nothing was forced
The people were kind
Hardly looked up when I came in
The room in order
Sun light poured in
Magazines on the table
Each spoke in hushed tone
There is a special smell
No chaos nothing out of order
What was done was done
The following week would be lost
I swam in a soup of pain
The body remembers


Dental work
Even though there was much
Deadening for the pain
It is a kind of disaster in your mouth
Soon the chaos will be over
I will return to my regular life
Having lost a week
This week I am found
Still... the body remembers







Note:  I have been dealing with some dental problems and the aftermath of fixing those problems….I did get to spend time with Laurie Kolp's book of poetry, Upon the Blue Couch  and Sherry Marr's, new collection, The Traveler Poems.  Both really wonderful!  Thank you both so much for your wonderful writing!  


6 comments:

Jae Rose said...

Yes..the body does remember when (hopefully) the mind and the days move on..sending you calm and peace x

Laurie Kolp said...

Oh, goodness... can I ever relate to dental problems! I'm so glad my book was able to help get your mind off of the pain! Thanks, Annell.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Annell, I empathize. I have an untreated disaster in my mouth and it will not be good when a dentist next looks in there. I am glad you rested and recovered. The body does remember. Years back, I had a bad car accident against a concrete abutment on the highway. After, I couldnt remember which spot it was but the first time I drove by, my body remembered where it had occurred.

flaubert said...

Annell, I have always hated dentists. I fortunately have a woman dentist who lives four doors down. My mouth now is in good-shape due to her gentle touch. Sending healing thoughts your way.

Pamela

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

We do so wish that the body would forget some things, don't we? ;)

Belva Rae Staples said...

Dental work isn't fun, but reading poetry does help. I hope the bad memory fades.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...