Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17, 2014 /We Write Poems #10 /The Sea Shore


The Sea Shore 
Sometimes life
Is like walking
On eggshells
Take care
For fear of
The crunch

Sometimes I 
Am thirsty
For lack of rain
Sound of drums
From the Pueblo
Fill hot
Desert air
Like angels
Chanting for relief

Sometimes storm
Clouds gather
In response
Rain drowns
The demons
Soaks their wings
Leaves them in
Puddles

Sometimes in
Summer along
Forest path
Discovery of
Honeysuckle
With its’
Sweet taste
On my tongue
Treasured memory
Of childhood

And sometimes
The blue of the
Desert sky
Warming the
Desert sands
Join in memory
With the blue
Of the bay
Seashells
Seaweed
Sea foam
Combine as in
A letter of blue
Tied with a ribbon
Help me to see
Where I have been...
And you





5 comments:

Roslyn Ross said...

soulful, nicely done.

Debi Swim said...

I like the short lines. It gives it a chant-like feel and slows it down to savor each image. Lovely

Anonymous said...

The last stanza resonates most with me.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Annell. I noticed we wrote about the same childhood memory...sweet honeysuckle.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is so beautiful. One of my faves of yours, Annell. Just lovely. I read my way down the lines with such delight.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...