Sunday, November 24, 2013

November 24, 2013 Writers Digest, Nov PAD Challenge

Writers Digest  Nov PAD Challenge


For today’s prompt, write a poem that responds to a statement. You can use any statement, quote, etc., that you wish, but I’ve included a few to make it easier. That said, feel free to find and use a different statement for your poem.



Fragments G&C  #167  30"x30" gouache on w/c paper




“We work in the dark - we do what we can - we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art.”




Henry James Speaks for Me
Up early
The artist
Goes to work
In the dark
All is quiet
Juices
Flowing
Trembling
It will be the
First time.....
Again

In the dark
The artist finds the
Brightest light
Begin day
In a blaze

Some will say
I bet
It is fun...
I say
Fun has nothing
To do with it
It is work
One must do
Hard work
And when you
Have finished
You must begin
Again

Give all that you have
Hold nothing back
Make each idea
Visible
Look for new ways
To say it

Some days
You will doubt
Yourself
Your work
You will wonder
Why....
Doubt is your
Passion

There will be days
Filled with disappointment
Things will not work out
Frowns all around
Feel small
Razor blades cut
Small nips
Swim in blood
Hurt
Lost in the
Maddness of art












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all I love the quote you've chosen! I relate to your poem as for the first time I am taking my art (poetry) very seriously everyday I write no matter how I feel through the disappointments and humiliations and tears. I never delete I work every phrase, stanza to completion. I am on disability and don't have a job, it has become my job. I love it and sometimes I hate it and myself

Anonymous said...

I could identify with those sentiments, Annell.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...