Sunday, November 24, 2013

November 24, 2013 Sunday Whirl #136



Sunday Whirl #136
Prompt:  habits, create, however, virtue, regard, gap,
cycle, undoing, lessen, choice, gathering, suffering

Studio Life

Spend time in the
Studio creating

Discipline
Becomes habit

However
Time spent
"Piddling" gets you
Nowhere

Lessen chance
Of wasting time
Plan your day ahead
Then work like a well
Oiled clock


With regard to time
It can be your friend
Or it can be your enemy
It can slip away
The day gone
Just a gap in the process
If you are not mindful
It can be your undoing


Each day is a cycle
Eliminate suffering
Organize
Gather what you need
Before you begin

Time spent
In the studio
Is your choice
Good work habits 
Become your virtue

Finish your day
On the downhill


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I had a studio to hide away in and create! Instead, I'll just need to plan better so I don't piddle away my day at home!

Jae Rose said...

Sometimes piddling around leads to happy accidents (of the creative kind of course!)..but yes..to create as you do requires a lot of discipline..

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I so need more of that discipline. My day gets away on me all too often. But we keep plugging along :)

Unknown said...

wise advice found within your poem.

Brian Miller said...

nice...def any art takes discipline...it is a choice as well...one we have to make each day...to join creation.

Old Egg said...

Your work is so painstakingly disciplined that other artists whose work is to embrace freedom must admire your dedication. Vive la difference!

flaubert said...

Love your poems about art, Annell. They speak so clearly. Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you and yours.

Pamela

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...