Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 19, 2013 Writers Digest Nov PAD Challenge/dVerse OpenLinkNight -- Week #123

Today is a “Two for Tuesday” prompt. In fact, it’s the one that I include in every challenge. Old hands knew this one was coming sooner or later. Here are your two options:
  • Write a love poem. Romantic or more general types of love. Or…
  • Write an anti-love poem. Some folks just don’t like love poems of any type, so have at it.
Since it is my birthday, I will write whatever I like, and what I like, is to return to the "halfway" prompt, every poem is a love poem in a way.....


On the Median
Beginning
Middle
End
Are the sign posts 
I look for

In this journey
There is no beginning
I am always
In the middle
Halfway through

It has taken 
This long
To get here
Where
The middle
Halfway through
Midpoint

I know nothing 
Of the beginning
No longer
In my memory bank
Long forgotten
Faded away
I cannot say
What effects
What has on 
What
Or how it all began

So here I stand
In the middle
Halfway through
On the median

Note:  I am also posting my birthday poem on dVerse  OpenLinkNight -- Week #123

No comments:

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...