Saturday, October 19, 2013

October 19, 2013 Sunday Whirl #131/Poets United #172


Behind the Fence
Off balance
Or perfectly centered
No way to cheat
While walking the line
Yet life is an amalgam
And often I don't know
The difference

A piece of gravel
In my shoe
Trash in my pockets
Have no idea
Where I am headed
Down the yellow brick road
With nothing on my mind

Your tentacles
Follow me
Your notices
Posted
Come back to safety
Remain behind
The brick fence
Red and wonderous

Create your own world
Stitch your mouth closed
Balance everything
Keep your secrets
Behind the fence
You won't know
The difference

Note:  There is no way to know the lives of others, it is a secret world behind the fence.  Do you tell everything?  Or are there some things you don't want to share?

Prompt:

amalgam, gravel, trash, nothing, cheat, vacant, 

brick, mouth, tentacles, fence, notices, everything, balance



10 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

You have painted a portrait here of this person's way of traveling. Well done, Annell.

Brian Miller said...

true in that we never really know what is going on in the lives of others unless they share...though i dont know that holding it back makes a difference as much as sharing it you know...

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Oh, there are definitely some stories I will NEVER share! Thanks for piquing my curiosity about what might be going on behind the fence.

Whirling Photo Album

Brian Miller said...

happy sunday annell...smiles...

Brian Miller said...

fixed your link at PU as well...

revelations said...

there is always a little fence.. wonderful piece thank you

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Back again.....I got more out of it this time as I read when I was too exhausted yesterday! Does one venture or remain behind the fence in safety? I have tried both - behind the fence may be safer, but out in the world is livelier!

Sharp Little Pencil said...

Wow! The signpost reminds me of the Wizard of Oz "I'd turn back if I were you." It's true, no one can truly know another's thoughts and heart. But then again, we keep on trying... if we dare to go past that fence. I'm definitely a "no borders" kind of girl. It all hangs out like drying laundry! Nicely done, Annell. Amy

gautami tripathy said...

No one knows what is behind that bricked wall.....

Such a pleasure to read this!

balance it out

Anonymous said...

Excellent Annell! I think everyone has their secrets some which they hide even from themselves

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...