Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday Labor Day September 5, 2011 Still Life/Vinegar Bottle


Still Life/Vinegar Bottle Image 11"x 11" on 30"x22" (full sheet of w/c paper) gouache

I continue to investigate the possibility of still life, with Still Life/Vinegar Bottle. I set up the still life, and did some drawings. I found the vinegar bottle, could create such an interesting shape, this is the composition I "had" to paint. I continue to work with flat pattern and flat color.

_______________




Saw the Tree of Life, yesterday, over all, I would have to recommend it. An amazing movie, seemed to be an impressionist movie, visually and audibly. Perhaps the ending was too literal for me, but overall a wonderful movie, with good editing, could be a great movie.

3 comments:

Marilyn & Jeff said...

I am loving your art style, love the vibrant colours in this piece.

Googled the movie, it sounds intriguing. Would I like it? I don't know, I would have to see it to know that.

SandyCarlson said...

Your work is amazing.

As I regroup in Connecticut and marvel at my own stupidity in giving up my dreams, I take comfort in your blog. Thank you.

SandyCarlson said...

I love what you do--with trepidation as it challenges me to step outside myself.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...