Saturday, April 2, 2011

Friday April 1, 2011 The Day of the Fool/NaPoWriMo




How perfect, The Day of the Fool, to begin to write a poem a day for Poetry month. I signed up with NoPoWriMO, just like I know what I'm doing....which of course I do not. But I begin the journey. I am the fool, the first card of the Tarot.

http://www.napowrimo.net/

"Words from the Prophet Isaiah
Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
And untie the cords of the yoke
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?"

The words float on the wind
Scattered against the wall
Like balls scattered
Across the green felt table
Light reflected by white enamel
Positions come into focus
The message is clear

Awaken to the restraints
Of your soul
Rise up
And embrace who you are

Do not drink or eat
The sustenance offered
Find your own way
Prepare for yourself
All that will nourish
The spirit of your ideas.

(Dig deep
Throw long
Work hard
Never give up)

Plant the seeds of your own heart
Perfect pearls formed over time
Shapes, space
Colors and lines
Never seen before
Inspired by the swirling words
Captured by the wind

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Challenging concepts, but worthy.

flaubert said...

A wonderful journey with your words, Annell.

Pamela

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wow, this is FANTASTIC and just what i need to hear right now, Annell. Seems like some of us are in synchronicity, ready for beginnings..... I especially love your line "Plant the seeds of your own heart" which is EXACTLY what I most need to do right now.

Wonderful poem, wonderful writing, right on time!!!!

SandyCarlson said...

That National Poetry Month should be heralded in by the day of the fool seems to me perfect. This is a beautiful poem.

Elizabeth said...

Thought provoking, challenging, and perfect for this day one experience. You know what you are about, even when you don't know.

Elizabeth

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...