Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wednesday December 29, 2010 We Write Poems


Image from internet.

http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com/
Prompt #34: Last Line as First Line.

My first line, "To hold the vision in my heart", December 22, 2010/ Three Word Wednesday. Was the last line of The Red Moon.

A Wonderland
To hold the vision in my heart,
I strained my eyes to see,
So much I could not name,
All before me was once under sea.

I felt as if I was at the bottom of the Universe,
Prepared to go deeper still,
Into the earth,
Ancient, old,
Formed in another time,

And yet here I stand,
In the middle of it all,
The wonder of this wonderland.

2 comments:

flaubert said...

Annell beautiful words and I love the photo.
This piece reminds me of my vacation in the Grand Canyon a few years back. A view I will never forget. Happy New Year to you and those who you hold dear.
Pamela

irene said...

Wonderful moment indeed, standing as if part of creation.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...