Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday December 19, 2010 I saw Sunday



http://isawsunday.blogspot.com/

This week brought the long awaited snow to the Santa Fe area. So before me I saw the winter wonderland created by fresh snow, but in my mind's eye, I kept seeing the images from the Japanese film, Dolls. I think it is the most beautiful film I have ever seen and possibility the most beautiful film ever made.

The stills from the film kept playing in my head. This is a film made in 2002. I first saw it soon after. The director and writer was Takeshi Kitano.

Within the film are three stories of undying love. Each story is lovely. And each frame of the film, could be a painting. It is a poetic and introspective movie. Bear, the symbol of introspection, said, it is perfect for this time of year.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for joining in. I often think of December as the time to pull inside and ruminate of things left unresolved, blended with dreams in the making. Am still trying to find the movie you write about. Keep fingers crossed,

Elizabeth

Susannah said...

Like Elizabeth, I too am intrigued with the film you mentioned. I too have experienced lots of snow this week and wrote about it on my I Saw Sunday! :-)

Thanks for joining in at I Saw Sunday.

Ian Foster said...

I am also trying to find this film, I hate to pass up recommendations without investigating them. It sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

have a magical time there.
you rock!
skiing is cool.

Anonymous said...

Here is the end of the year awards 4 you, enjoy!

End of The Year Awards 4 Friends of Jingle or Jingle Poetry Community

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Your support has been a delight to us, at this time of the year, We wish you all the best !

Link up to 3 poems to our potluck today, We send blessings all the way to brighten your day!

Berowne said...

I'm a great fan of the classic Japanese films...

SandyCarlson said...

I will have to give this a try! Your pagoda book project piques my curiosity. The stills are gorgeous.

I am glad you have had some snow!

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...