Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday November 6, 2010 Challenge #6/ Looking for _________

http://blog.writersdigest.com

Looking for Something
I went to the book store,
On the South end of town,
The proprietor offered to help,
But I told her I was looking
for something, but
I didn't know what.

I looked thru the fiction,
And the nonfiction.
Thru the art section.
Thru travel and adventure,
I looked thru the self help,
Just in case.

I left the store empty
Handed. Life
Is that way sometimes,
We need to know what
We are looking for,
We then have more of a
Chance to find it.

But sometimes it is the
Adventure of the hunt.
And who knows after all
Maybe one day we will find it.


Looking for You
My feet in the warm
shallow waves,
I called your name,

I said goodbye in yellow,
As I planted the daffodils.

I stand on the mesa
And howl to the moon.
The Mad Madonna.

You are lost to me
Suddenly the earth trembled,
Your absence fills my heart.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love both of these. I too, went to a book store looking. Didn't find what I was looking for, so took something else. You never know.

But, the second piece is beautiful, and with so few words, you painted an indelible image. Thank you,

Elizabeth

Brian Miller said...

oh love the second part...love/loss does make us crazy at times eh?

and the first...i love books so i would go and just stand, and hold them, and smell them...and it would be worth it. see, crazy, eh? smiles.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...