Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday November 29, 2010 Poetic Aside/Step Poem

http://blog.writersdigest.com
2010 November PAD Chapbook Challenge: Day 29
Posted by Robert

For today's prompt, write a next steps poem. This might be a good opportunity to try writing a list poem. Or it might be a good time to write about your future plans. It might even be a good chance for you to write about spiral staircases. Who knows?



Holiday List
It is the time of the holidays,
As I attempt to be at peace
There are things I wish to avoid,
Department stores,
Sales,
Crowds,
Long lines,
Anxiety,
Overspending,
Christmas carols sung to ad-nauseam,
But instead I will wish you a
Merry Christmas,
And a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Yes a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year without the department stores, sales, crowds...
Well written.

SandyCarlson said...

Sometimes I think Christmas without all the junk is a second Thanksgiving. Which would be more than enough for me! I enjoyed your poem.

Elizabeth said...

I know I read this one before, why I didn't comment is beyond me. I share most, if not all of your feelings about Christmas. I simply don't get into the spirit, as they say. But, also like you, I wish everyone those same blessings and sincerely mean them.

Elizabeth

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...