Thursday, July 8, 2010

Written for Magpietales 7-8-2010



Willow at http://magpietales.blogspot.com hosts a weekly writing prompt.



I came by to see you this morning,
I didn't find a thing.
I thought I misunderstood,
For you see
I'm new to the neighborhood.

While chatting with a friend,
Over the backyard fence,
I wanted her to know.
For she had sent a missile
for my inspection.

What I wanted her to know,
was that I am not interested in
the who, what, where of one's life...
or of my own. But something deeper
something closer to the sun.

I returned just to look again,
And there it was wet,
sparkling dew
on
Red and Yellow fruit.

14 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

Ah, this is beautiful!

Helen said...

Tomatoes ~~ Summer's treat! Nicely written!

Kathe W. said...

I'd love it if a neighbor lobbed a few lovely orbs my way! Nice Magpie!

Suz said...

yes, just beautiful

Unknown said...

Lovely post.

Brian Miller said...

lol. what a testy neighbor if they are throwing tomatoes...unless of course i cath them to eat. smiles. nice magpie

Brian Miller said...

some neighbor throwing fruit...lol...unless of course i catch it to eat...smile. nice magpie!

signed...bkm said...

Another amazing tale about tomatoes - great post - I am taking back with the emotions that can be pulled from tomatoes...great magpie..bkm

RNSANE said...

How nice to have a neighbor who is growing luscious tomatoes...hopefully, she is sharing her bounty!

Carrie Van Horn said...

I love the line "something deeper, something close to the sun", that truly sums up your beautiful poem. :-)

Anonymous said...

great magpie!

Tess Kincaid said...

Deep and lovely!! Gather the missiles for a soup!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

wow,
vivid and fun actions in poetic form!

Lyn said...

It feels to me that the neighbor is sending a gift of nature to share..but I am the optimist!

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...