Monday, July 5, 2010

July 5th, 2010 Monday Morning




I just made a comment on Joanne Mattera's blog. She asked a question, "Did you work this weekend?" And that made me think about my work routine. I'm usually in the studio about 7:30 am, sometimes much earlier. I usually wake early, and so I get up, make coffee and maybe a piece of toast, and it's out to the studio.

I found many years ago, like the writer, the artist should leave the last sentence unfinished. When you know what you will do next, don't finish everything. The final time in the studio can be used to order the work for the next day. That way you can pick up exactly where you left off the day before. You can go right into your work. No stumbling around, trying to decide what you want to do. I keep a notebook handy to make notes, as they occur to me, when I am working, another way to stay focused.

I usually work until 12:00, go into the house for a light lunch, and back to work. I usually work until somewhere around 3:00 or 4:00, then I must stop to make dinner. And I try to get a walk into that schedule. That's my day. And often I'm tired, and sometimes I fall asleep on the sofa, after dinner. We don't go out often, my life is my work, and my work takes all the energy I can muster.



This is Beau, he likes to spend the day in the studio, and you can see he's exhausted at the end of the day, too.

2 comments:

Everyday Goddess said...

You are so dedicated to your work, that's admirable!
PS
I think he looks very cute!

Four Seasons in a Life said...

Greetings Annell,

I love your writing, it is so inviting, like conversation between friends.

Your masthead is breath taking and the last three images of your blog are lovely.

I have never been to New Mexico and one of these days I would like to visit Four Corners, Chaco Canyon and the places film director John Ford.

Sorry for rambling on like this.

Your art appeals to me. It has a calligraphy feeling to it and when viewing the art as a whole, it looks like a printed page telling a story.

As for your post, you have an excellent routine down and that is very good. I love your cat, they are such wonderful companions.

Wishing you a wonderful day,
Egmont

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...